Designation : Assistant Professor
Qualification : PhD (IIM Indore), MBA – Communication
Functional Area : Marketing
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Experience (September 2014 – till date)
Associate Professor, Marketing Area, at FORE School of Management, New Delhi. I joined as Assistant Professor in September 2014. My core area of teaching is Advertising, Brand Management, Digital Marketing, and Services Marketing. I have delivered the following courses:
- Core Course: Marketing Management I – regularly since 2015 for PGP participants with average feedback rating above 4 (scale 1 to 5, with 5 being highest)
- Core Course: Marketing Management II- for PGP 2014-2016 batch, PGP 2015-17 batch and PGP 2016-18 batch. Average feedback rating above 4
- Elective Course: Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) – for PGP 2013-15 batch, feedback rating 4.3
- Elective Course: Advertising Brand Management (two electives were merged – IMC and Brand Management)- regularly since 2015 for PGP participants, average feedback above 4
- Elective Course: Digital Marketing with Digital MediaPro Simulation- regularly since 2018 for PGP participants, average feedback above 4
- Elective Course: Services Marketing- for PGP 2014-2016 batch, PGP 2015-17 batch, and PGP 2016-18 batch. Average feedback rating above 4
- Management Development Program- successfully conducted two days MDP titled “Social Media Marketing and Social Listening”, September 2015, which was participated by middle and senior-level executives
- I have facilitated several other MDPs: Customer Management in Digital Space; Towards Marketing Leadership (customized for Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd executives); Brand Leadership etc. by taking sessions on Digital Marketing
- Delivered Marketing Management core course to participants of the Certificate Course in Business Management for Defence Officers- 2015-16 batch. I received exceptionally good feedback from them, 4.95.
- I served as the Area Chair – Marketing from July 2017 till December 2020.
- I have been part of the Admissions Committee and MDP Committee as a member.
Industry Experience (April 2004- November 2009)
- Group Manager, Corporate Client Vertical, Entertainment Network India Ltd (Radio Mirchi) September 2008- November 2009
- Regional Sales Manager – Corporate Payment Solution Group, ICICI Bank Ltd – November 2006 – August 2008
- Segment manager –Broadband and Voice, Bharti Airtel Ltd – October 2004 – October 2006
- Management Trainee – Flex Industries Ltd – April 2004 – October 2004
PhD Thesis Guide
I am co-guide of Mr. Ishaan Sengupta (Enrolment No. A0130320050), International Business School, Amity University. His topic of research “An exploratory engagement: A study of antecedents and outcomes of audience engagement with YouTube Channels”.
Research and Publications
- Kapoor, P.S., Balaji, M.S., Jiang, Y., & Jebarajakirthy. (2022), “Effectiveness of Social Media Influencers: A Case of Eco-friendly Hotels”. Journal of Travel Research, Vol. 61 No. 5, pp. 1138-1155 https://org/10.1177/00472875211019469 (ABS-4, ABDC-A*)
- Sharma, A. & Kapoor, P.S. (2022), “Message sharing and verification behaviour on social media during the COVID-19 pandemic: a study in the context of India and the USA”, Online Information Review, Vol. 46 No. 1, pp. 22-39 (ABDC-B)
- Kapoor, P. S., Balaji, M. S., Maity, M., & Jain, N. K. (2021), “Why consumers exaggerate in online reviews? Moral disengagement and dark personality traits”. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 60, 102496. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2021.102496 (ABS-2, ABDC-A)
- Kapoor, P.S., Balaji, M.S. & Jiang, Y. (2021), “Effectiveness of sustainability communication on social media: role of message appeal and message source”, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 33 No. 3, pp. 949-972. (ABS-3, ABDC-A)
- Kapoor, P.S. & Singhal, V. (2021), “Perceived vulnerability to COVID-19, dispositional optimism and intention to adopt preventive health behaviour: an experiment with anti-smoking advertising”, Journal of Social Marketing, Vol. 11 No. 2, pp. 124-147. (ABDC-B)
- v Madan, S. K., & Kapoor, P.S. (2021). “Study of Consumer Brand Following Intention on Instagram: Applying the Uses and Gratification Theory”. International Journal of Online Marketing. Vol. 11 No. 2. pp. 32-51.
- v Kapoor, Payal S., Jayasimha, K.R., Sadh, Ashish & Gunta, Srinivas (2020), “eWOM via social networking site: source versus message credibility”. International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising, Vol. 14, No. 1, 2020, pp:19-47. (ABDC-C)
- v Kapoor, P. S., Jayasimha, K. R., Gunta, S., & Sadh, A. (2019), “Facebook eWOM: Self-Shared Versus System-Generated Credibility Cue”. International Journal of Online Marketing, Vol. 9 No. 3, pp. 23-48.
- v Kapoor P.S., Gunta S. (2016), “Impact of Anonymity and Identity Deception on Social Media eWOM”. In: Dwivedi Y. et al. (eds) Social Media: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. I3E 2016. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 9844. Springer, Cham
- v Kapoor, P.S. (2013), “Exploring Celebrity Licensing as Opposed to Celebrity Endorsement : A Consumer Perspective”. Journal of Marketing & Communication, Vol. 9 No. 1, pp. 13-19.
- v Kapoor, P.S., Jayasimha, K.R. & Sadh, A. (2013), “Brand-related, Consumer to Consumer, Communication via Social Media”. IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review, Vol. 2 No. 1, pp. 43-59. (ABDC-C)
- v Sadh,A., Kapoor, P.S. ( 2012), “Save the Girl Child Initiatives in India: A Social Marketing Perspective”. Indore Management Journal, Vol. 4 No. 3, pp. 18-34
Select Newspaper Articles
- Covid: Our outcomes are contingent to our actions. Hindustan Times, 12th March 2022. https://www.hindustantimes.com/opinion/covid-our-outcomes-are-contingent-on-our-actions-101647086517186.html
- Cognitive bias explains the inconsistent citizen response to Covid-19. Hindustan Times, 29th July 2021. https://www.hindustantimes.com/opinion/cognitive-bias-explains-the-inconsistent-citizen-response-to-covid19-101627555135140.html
- For adoption, centrality of due process. Hindustan Times, 13th June 2021. https://www.hindustantimes.com/opinion/for-adoption-the-centrality-of-due-process-101623503731355.html
- In a pandemic, the power of technology-enabled rumour. Hindustan Times, 27th May 2021. https://www.hindustantimes.com/opinion/in-a-pandemic-the-power-of-the-rumour-101622024234451.html
- In India, frame appropriate policies for adoption. Hindustan Times, 22nd May 2021. https://www.hindustantimes.com/opinion/the-adoption-process-is-distinct-frame-leave-policies-accordingly-101621592028985.html
- When citizens act against their interest. Hindustan Times, 22nd November 2020. https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis/when-citizens-act-against-their-interest-opinion/story-2MVgC5rqTVfGxBAVfpUfXN.html
- India does not have clear social distancing rules. Citizens must chip in. Hindustan Times, 15th September 2020. https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis/india-doesn-t-have-clear-social-distancing-rules-citizens-must-chip-in/story-4Uk5gXfH39slz2oHTbx7EL.html
- Covid-19: The daredevils who defy scientific advice, Hindustan Times, 30th August 2020. https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis/covid-19-the-daredevils-who-defy-scientific-advice/story-DOY8ssoNtDGvo5LhUT0r2M.html
Select National and International Conferences
- 2019: Research paper titled “Why Consumers Lie in Online Reviews? Moral Disengagement and Dark Personality Traits”. Presented at IIM Indore – NASMEI Summer Marketing Information Systems Conference, IIM Indore. July 2019.
- 2019: Research paper titled “Role of ecolabels in online travel reviews: The effect of perceived corporate environmental responsibility and consumer skepticism”. Presented at Anusandhan 2019, IIFM Bhopal. March 2019.
- 2018: Research paper titled “Can you handle the truth? A study of the antecedents and post-behavior rationalization of deceptive eWOM” presented at 54th annual Marketing Management Association, Spring conference, Chicago, USA, April 2018
- 2016: Research paper titled “Credibility of online review: Examining the role of Reviewer Anonymity, Message Type and Valence” presented at 4th Pan IIM World management Conference, IIM Ahmedabad, December 2016
- 2016: Research paper titled “Impact of Anonymity and Identity Deception on Social Media eWOM” presented at 15th IFIP Conference on e-Business, e-Services and e-Society, I3E, School of Management, Swansea University, Swansea, United Kingdom, September 2016
- 2016: Research paper titled “Self-shared credibility cues versus System-generated credibility cues of eWord of Mouth via Social Media” presented at International Communication Management Conference, MICA, Ahmedabad, February 2016
Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded “Best Research Paper” Entry Research Track (Marketing), at 6th IIMA Doctoral Colloquium, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (January, 2013)
- Research Paper selected in the “Top 13 Research Papers” of IMR Doctoral Conference, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (December, 2013)
- Awarded ‘The Mike Davidson Shield for Leadership and Focused Approach’ by Dr. S.B Majumdar, Dean Symbiosis International Education Centre (March, 2004)
I am an amateur triathlete with a passion for running and swimming. I have participated in Ironman70.3 events, triathlons and several marathons. I have had several podium finish in these events and was awarded “Runner of the Year 2020- Fastest Olympic Distance Triathlete” for Delhi NCR