Designation : Assistant Professor
Qualification : PhD (MDI Gurgaon), MSc. (Marketing), University of Manchester
Functional Area : Marketing
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Journal Articles Published
- Chhikara, R., Garg, R., Chhabra, S., Karnatak, U., & Agrawal, G. (2021). Factors affecting adoption of electric vehicles in India: An exploratory study. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 100, 103084. ABDC A
- Chhabra, S. (2022). Why Does Privacy Paradox Exist?: A Qualitative Inquiry to Understand the Reasons for Privacy Paradox Among Smartphone Users. Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations (JECO), 20(1), 1-20. ABDC B
- Chhabra, S., & Girija, S. (2021). Communicating bad news of COVID-19: An empirical study of patients’ preferences in India. Health Marketing Quarterly,38(2-3), 205-221. ABDC B
- Garg, R., Chhikara, R., Chhabra, S., & Bhardwaj, A. (2021). Factors determining intention to vaccinate against Covid-19: A developing nation perspective. Health Marketing Quarterly,38(2-3), 116-129. ABDC B
- Chhabra, S. (2017). An empirical analysis of the effect of a retailers loyalty programme on their customers’ loyalty. Global Business Review, 18(2), 445-464. ABDC C.
- Chhabra, S., & Mukherjee, J. (2015). Loyalty to a Brand and its Extension in High Involvement Purchases. Asian Journal of Empirical Research, 5(12), 252-263.
- Chhabra, S. (2016). Designing Value Proposition for Passenger Cars Based on Customer’s Preferred Attributes: An Emerging Market Perspective. Asian Journal of Empirical Research, 6(8), 210-227.
- Chhabra, S., Chhikara, R., March (2016). Segmentation of Cinema Audiences in the Indian Movie Industry: A Marketing Strategy Perspective. aWEshkar Journal, Volume XX (1) 39-51
- Kumari, S., & Chhabra, S., (2012). Understanding leadership through leader competency profiling’ Business Analyst. Volume 33 Issue 2 October 2012 – March 2013 ISSN 0973-211X
Case studies Published
- Chhabra, S. & Elembilassery, V. (2022). Yardstick: In Search Of Segment And Strategy In The Education Industry Ivey/ Harvard Business Publishing.
- Chhabra, S. (2023). TBL Myanmar: Understanding the Barriers to Sale of Dehumidifiers in Emerging Markets. Asian Journal of Management Cases- Sage Journals. ABDC C
- Chhabra, S., Chhikara, R., & Garg, R. (2022). Lakshya Food India Limited (LFIL): Finding the Right Position in Dairy Business. Asian Journal of Management Cases, ABDC C
- Agrawal, G., Chhabra, S., Chhikara, R., & Garg, R. (2021). Senior Citizen Homes: Search for a Viable Business Model. Emerging Economies Cases Journal,3(1), 46-50.
- Chhabra, S., & Garg, R. (2020). Arjun’s Dilemma: Should He Buy or Lease His First Car? Case Centre. https://www.thecasecentre.org/products/view?id=171815
- Chhabra, S. (2020). Krishna Textiles: Survival Strategy for a Wholesale Business. Ivey/ Harvard Business Publishing. https://hbsp.harvard.edu/product/W20652-PDF-ENG
- Chhabra, S., & Mukherjee, J. (2015) JMD Oils: Deciding on a Growth Strategy. Ivey/ Harvard Business Publishing. https://hbsp.harvard.edu/product/W15347-PDF-ENG
- Chhabra, S. (2015). Determining the optimal price point: using Van Westendorp’s price sensitivity meter. Managing in recovering markets(pp. 257-270). Springer, New Delhi.
- Chhabra, S., & Wani, T. (2016). A conjoint analysis of the factors influencing student’s choice for a Management institute: Marketing of higher education courses in India. Marketing in Emerging Economies, 77-91.
- Chhabra, S. (2020). Understanding Doppelgänger Brand Image: The Darker Side to Emotional Branding. Global Branding: Breakthroughs in Research and Practice(pp. 647-655). IGI Global. This was also printed as Chapter 18 in the book titled ‘Driving Customer Appeal through the Use of Emotional Branding’, 2017. IGI Global.
- Assistant Professor, XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Delhi NCR Campus (April 2022- Present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Sambalpur, Odisha, India- 2020- 2022: Taught Marketing Research (Core) and Product & Brand Management (Elective) courses to MBA students. Taught Marketing Models to PhD and Executive PhD scholars. Member of Executive MBA committee, MDP committee, Research & Consultancy Committee, Infrastructure committee, IT committee, Student’s alumni affairs committee, and Anti-Ragging committee for students.
- Assistant Professor, SOIL School of Business Design, Manesar, India- 2020: Taught Marketing Core and Elective subjects to MBA students. Worked with admissions team in conducting Design Thinking workshops and Pan India interviews for student admissions. Mentored students for Internships, Clubs, and Activities. Member of anti-ragging committee and Grievance Redressal committee for students.
- Assistant Professor (Adjunct Faculty), IBS- Gurgaon- 2018-2020– Taught Marketing Management and Advance Marketing Management to MBA students. Apart from teaching, mentored students for Summer Internship Programme, involved in placement training of students, and conducted knowledge sharing seminars as part of the marketing activity.
- Assistant Professor (Visiting Faculty), IIM-Rohtak- 2017- Taught two courses: Product management and Advertising and Sales Promotion to 2nd year MBA students.
- Assistant Professor (Visiting Faculty), Northcap University, Gurgaon- 2016– Taught Consumer Behaviour course to MBA graduates.
- British Council, New Delhi, 2010- 2011: Worked in the Marketing and Customer services Team
- Fellow Programme in Management, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon (AACSB accredited)
- MSc. (Marketing), University of Manchester, September 2009– September 2010
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University, 2006- 2009
- Central Board of Secondary Education, (CLASS-12th), Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, Delhi, 2006
- Presented a paper titled ‘Determining the causes of user frustration in Conversational Chatbots- An exploratory study’ in American Marketing Association Winter Academic Conference (Virtual) 2022, in February 2022.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Factors Affecting the Adoption of Indian Handloom as Mainstream Fashion- An Exploratory Study’ in NVivo Virtual Conference 2021, Transcending Boundaries in Qualitative Research organized by QSR International (America) Inc in September 2021.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Analytic Hierarchy Process for evaluating the criterion preferred for used car purchase: An emerging market perspective’ in ISDSI- Global Conference in December 2021 hosted by IIM Nagpur and chaired a session for the track “Business environment and Public Policy”
- Presented a paper titled ‘Understanding the Reasons of Uncanny Valley Effect in Adoption of AI based Chatbot’ in 14th ISDSI Conference in December 2020 hosted by IIM Raipur and chaired a session for the track “Advanced Research in Building Digital Ecosystems”
- Presented a paper titled ‘Technology Enabled Marketing’ at the Marketing and Public Policy conference organized by American Marketing Association at California, June 2016.
- Presented a poster on the topic titled ‘Methodological Review of Research in Customer Loyalty’ at MARCON, IIM Kolkata, December 2014
- Presented a paper titled An Empirical Analysis of the Effect of a Retailers Loyalty Programme on Their Customers Loyalty’ in the conference, Listening to Consumers of Emerging Markets at IIM-Lucknow in January 2014.
- Presented a paper titled titled ‘Loyalty to a Brand and its Extension in High Involvement Purchases’ in International Conference on Research in Marketing held at Department of Management studies, IIT Delhi in December 2013.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Designing value proposition for passenger cars based on customer’s preferred attributes: An emerging market perspective’ in Global Conference on Managing in Recovering Markets (GCMRM), March 2015 hosted by MDI- Gurgaon.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Determining the optimal price point: using Van Westendorp’s price sensitivity meter’. Global Conference on Managing in Recovering Markets (GCMRM), hosted at MDI- Gurgaon March 2014.
- Presented a paper titled ‘A conjoint analysis of the factors influencing student’s choice for a Management institute: Marketing of higher education courses in India’ in International Conference on ‘Marketing in Emerging Economiesheld on February 2016 by at Centre for Management Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Segmentation of Cinema Audiences in the Indian Movie Industry: A Marketing Strategy Perspective’ at MARCON hosted by IIM Kolkata in December 2014.
- Conducted a Marketing Seminar titled “MarkDarshan” as part of Marketing Club- Emporia @IIM Sambalpur on 23rd October 2021.
- Delivered a seminar session titled “Rethinking MBA” in International Conference on contemporary business trends, 2021, By Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, NIT Srinagar, 16th January 2021
- Invited as guest speaker for Online webinar on “Case teaching: Mastering student engagement in online classes” by AIMA & BML MUNJAL University, October 2020
- Delivered a seminar session titled “Basics of Marketing Research”, By Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, NIT Srinagar, 31st August 2020
Articles in Newspaper and Blogs
- I support the ban on Single-use plastic https://bigwire.in/2022/03/06/i-support-the-ban-on-single-use-plastic/#
- Debunking Digital Marketing https://www.risingkashmir.com/Debunking-Digital-Marketing-102364
- Technology with Caution: Utopian and Dystopian view of Cyber World https://www.newdelhitimes.com/technology-with-caution-utopian-and-dystopian-view-of-cyber-world/
- Guest Column: Grey Areas in Digital India: Sakhhi Chhabra https://www.exchange4media.com/advertising-news/guest-columngrey-areas-in-digital-indiasakhhi-chhabra-63301.html
Achievements and Awards
- Won the Best Paper Award (First Position) along with Rs.10000 cash reward for doctoral colloquium 2016 at the 7th Annual Conference on Excellence in Research and Education (CERE-2016) held at IIM-Indore.
- Got Rank 5 All India for UGC-NET/JRF exam and scored 80.12% in June 2012. Awarded scholarship for the doctoral program for 3 years.
- Awarded for outstanding contribution as the organizer for Global Conference on Managing in Recovering Markets, held at MDI-Gurgaon 2014 & 2015
- Certificate for leading and coordinating ‘Research Week’ 2016 at MDI-Gurgaon
- Won the first position in the competition organized by L’Oreal-UK for Developing Marketing Strategy and Launch of a new product.
- Awarded with CBSE scholarship for Graduation.